Internet Advancement System
Process ranks and awards for packs, troops, teams, crews, ships, and posts
Units can now submit advancement for unit youth members online using BSA’s Internet Advancement system. You will find this method to be easy, convenient, and accurate because you will enter the information yourself. The system is separate from Internet Rechartering, but uses a similar concept. Unit leaders can record awards, ranks, and merit badges directly to BSA’s official youth member records with the online system.
Use Internet Advancement for the following:
• Add ranks, merit badges, and awards
• Update information on existing advancements (excepting the Eagle Scout rank).
To use Internet Advancement:
1. Select your unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. Obtain a unit ID code from the council.
3. Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
4. Click “Internet Advancement” below on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
5. Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it to the council. Save a copy for your files. Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed.
6. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and council statistics.
Talk to your Commissioners or District Advancement Chairman. Additionally, anyone who wants to learn more about Internet Advancement can review the Internet Advancement Help Information.
There is a Frequently Asked Questions link on the Internet Advancement site and these should be reviewed. If you encounter any issues in using the Internet Advancement site, please contact the National Service Desk at 1-972-580-2489 for assistance.
Click here for:
INTERNET ADVANCEMENT(requires Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater and must be in Compatibility Mode if using IE 10 or greater)