Make a Difference through a Donation
The generous donations of our community members and Scouting family enable the Longhorn Council of the Boy Scouts of America to give young people the chance to have fun, gain confidence, and become leaders who live the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
Boy Scouts of America is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donations are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Most Scouts’ day-to-day experiences with Scouting come through their individual packs, troops, teams, crews, and ships. These units are overseen by nearly 300 local councils, including the Longhorn Council, which receive an annual charter from the National Council.
The Longhorn Council provides support for units in North and Central Texas, and funds are used to:
- Maintain camp properties and the council service center
- Provide insurance
- Maintain membership records
- Pay salaries and benefits to employees
- Purchase program supplies for youth activities sponsored by the council
- Provide volunteer training
There are numerous ways to support Scouting and make an impact in your community, including: