Weekend Camping is a fun way to accomplish the goals of your unit’s program and to spend quality time with fellow scouts, friends or family. Within the Longhorn Council, there are a variety of camping opportunities for those looking to get away for the weekend. Whether you’re looking for some solitude from the life’s stresses, or want time to work on advancement, weekend camping can be the trick.
The Longhorn Council has 6 camps available for weekend camping, and the Longhorn Activity Center on Basswood Blvd in north Fort Worth.
- Camp Jim Braley. 300 acres east of Waco
- Hills & Hollows. 25 acres near Denton.
- Sid Richardson Scout Ranch. SR2 is a 2500 acre summer camp on Lake Bridgeport.
- Camp Shuler. 50 wilderness acres near Lake Whitney.
- Camp Tahuaya. 165 acre summer camp near Belton.
- Worth Ranch. 800 acre summer camp in Palo Pinto.
To learn more about what we have to offer:
- Make a Weekend Camping Reservation
- Directions Maps – How to get there
- Campsite Maps and Facility Info
- PDF Application for Weekend Camping
- Application to join Campmaster Corps
Weekend Camping General Information
General camp information such as hours, facility details, and regulations.Learn More
Council Family Camping Policy
Know before you go. For more information about family camping policies, click below.Learn More
Tours are a great way to see more of our facilities. Bring the whole family and make it an activity.Learn More